Donor Resources

The Advancement Office

The Advancement Office team is here to serve you. If you have questions or need information regarding establishing a scholarship, making a gift of appreciated assets, establishing a Charitable Gift Annuity, or reducing estate tax through a charitable gift in your will. Please call 877-229-0940 or email

National Christian Foundation 

Kuyper College has partnered with the West Michigan office of the National Christian Foundation to provide our donors free and confidential legal advice regarding all forms of planned giving. Get your questions answered, or review options to save on taxes while leaving more for family and your favorite organization(s) by contacting Randy Veltkamp, President ( or Kathy Kunkle, Executive Assistant ( 

Office: (616) 957-4372 
Fax: (616) 957-4378 

The Barnabas Foundation 

Kuyper College is a member of the Barnabas Foundation. Free and confidential legal advice regarding planned giving may be obtained by contacting Steve Baker at (616) 956-1232 ( 

Additional Resources

IRS Information - Helpful Links to Forms and Publications

Forms and Instructions:

Charitable Contributions:

Special IRS Publication 1771 - Charitable Contributions:

Substantiation and Disclosure Requirements explains the federal law for organizations such as charities and churches that receive tax-deductible charitable contributions and for taxpayers who make contributions.

The Internal Revenue Service recently released "Tax Guide for Churches and Religious Organizations," IRS Publication 1828.

The guide explains the benefits and responsibilities under the federal tax system of churches and other religious organizations. Topics include tax-exempt status (and jeopardizing same) and issues of unrelated business income and political campaign involvement, to name a few.

Your gift to Kuyper College is tax deductible according to CRA guidelines for gifts made to a prescribed university outside of Canada. Kuyper College gift receipts have been designed to comply with current CRA guidelines. Visit for more information on CRA policies regarding tax deductible giving or visit here for a list of prescribed universities outside of Canada.