Recipients need to reapply for this scholarship annually. Below are additional qualifications that you may want to consider before completing the application:
- The student must be enrolled full time for the full match. If not enrolled full time, at least half time enrollment is required to receive a prorated match.
- Students who are U.S. Citizens or permanent residents must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Canadian applicants need to complete the Kuyper Canadian Financial Aid Application. International students will need to complete the Kuyper Statement of Finances form.
- A minimum of a 2.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale (Canadian marks are converted to be equivalent to the scale).
- The program is based on the availability of funds. Reapplication for the Church Matching Grant will be offered for a maximum of four years (bachelor’s degree), two years (associate’s) and one year (certificate).
Church Donation Eligibility
- The church may not submit funds from wages, internships or gifts from individuals to a specific student for the Church Matching Grant.
- Only one church check per person. Subsequent checks will be applied to the student’s account without a match.
- For purposes of this grant, a “church” is understood as a congregation holding weekly services/meetings. Donations from other non-profit organizations will not be matched.
- The church will be notified if a student is ineligible for the grant/match and will have the option to rescind their funds.