Financial Aid Timeline
Our promise as a financial aid staff is to partner with you to help make the investment in your college education at Kuyper not only possible, but affordable.
Our Financial Aid Office participates in a variety of financial aid programs. As a private, nonprofit institution, Kuyper College has been approved by the U.S. Secretary of Education to participate in financial aid programs authorized by Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1962 as amended.
The following timeline is designed to help guide you as you apply for financial aid and search for potential scholarships:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA anytime after October 1 at www.studentaid.gov (school code 002311) in order to be considered for any type of federal or state of Michigan aid, as well as endowed, family or corporate scholarships awarded by Kuyper College.
- Register for your FSA ID at studentaid.ed.gov. It is unique to each person and must be obtained by the student and, if applicable, a student parent.
- The FAFSA FSA ID and electronic signature must be obtained before applying for federal aid.
- Canadian students, please review the Canadian Financial Aid Guide and complete the Canadian Financial Aid Application any time after January 1 to be considered for endowed, family or corporate scholarships awarded by Kuyper College.
- Search and apply for available Kuyper scholarships, as well as scholarships from local retailers, banks, area chambers of commerce, local civic groups, etc.
- January 13th is the application submission deadline for many Kuyper Scholarships!
- If special circumstances arise, such as your parent(s) paying private school tuition for your siblings, if your family has high out-of pocket medical or dental expenses, if there is a loss of income or a dramatic reduction of income in the family due to job loss, divorce, separation, death/disablement of a parent or spouse, complete and submit the Supplemental Information Form to the Financial Aid Office.
- March 1 - priority deadline for FAFSA filing.
- March 1 - priority deadline for the Canadian Financial Aid Application.
- Mid-March - Kuyper Financial Aid Award packages are mailed to admitted students who have completed the FAFSA.
- Continue to search for scholarships, paying close attention to deadline dates.
- Accept your Kuyper Financial Aid Award package by signing and returning your Financial Aid Award Letter to the Financial Aid or Enrollment Office.
- You can also accept your Financial Aid Award package on the Financial Aid Portal. Follow the instructions provided on the "Financial Aid Checklist" that came with your Award Letter.
- Sign up for Journey - when you will meet with an academic advisor and register for classes.
- May is a great time to apply for a Federal Direct Student Loan and complete Federal Entrance Counseling.
- You may also need to complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) for Federal Subsidized and/or Student Unsubsidized loan(s).
June & July
- Attend Journey - join our community for worship, meet your academic advisor and register for classes.
- Preliminary billing statements will be sent to registered students and you can choose a semester payment plan option with AES.
- Apply for the Federal Direct Student Loan and complete Federal Entrance Counseling.
- You may also need to complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) for Federal Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Student loan(s).
- Contact the Financial Aid Office with questions about Federal Stafford, PLUS and alternative loans etc. if needed to help pay your bill.
- Check out Student Employment opportunities.
- Deadline for first-semester payment and for approval of semester AES payment plan options.
- Please be sure your loan paperwork is complete so we are able to provide all your financial aid!
The Financial Aid Office is available to help with any questions that you may have.
Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-511-3749.